thankful thursday


things i am thankful for this week:

1. school concerts--chandi last friday, katie on tuesday, chandi again tonight, and abbey next tuesday--WHEW!! lots of running around, but oh-so-fun to see them perform. must admit that i was shocked the cheesy 4th grade cover of celine dion's "because you loved me" sung OVER the song (what? no karaoke version?) accompanied by sign language (uggggh..) snuck up and surprised me. had me wiping away some tears. i think it's a conspiracy.

2. the utah jazz--rbc and friends got tickets to their playoff game up in slc and he is as giddy as a school girl. let's just hope they don't screw it up.  but don't hold your breath.

3. jody's scissors--she came over and cut katie's and mia's hair this week. right in my kitchen--love the convenience. i had her cut off ALL of mia's hair, and i mean all. she got a pixie cut and i think she's adorable. risky, but it turned out--will post a photo tomorrow. thanks joellen!

4. motorcycle rides with my man--the weather has been just beautiful and our ride last night through coral canyon was awesome. love to feel the wind through my hairs.

9 comments:

tiburon said...

I know you in real life and I still kinda like ya. (Ok, madly in love and stalk you)

Oh, and can't wait to see haircut pics!!

Jori said...

I need to know you in real life(you will drop Tib like a ton of bricks) Tib is going to "salt" me for that one.

Christie said...

Ditto on the haircut pics. G got a pixie cut last summer and it was da bomb. Too bad she's now decided she wants to be Rapunzel {{SIGH}}

Anonymous said...

I'm sure the hog rides in Sta George are amazing. Used to be a hogger myself. In fact had my own! I'm one of those types that like to be in control of my own destiny. Question? You mentions "hairs", mini skirt perhaps?

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Woot Woot! So much Mindi love in one day! I love it! I too am so thankful for my Bloggin' Blesbian Buddies! They are the best, I too am in love. ;)

P.S. Can't wait to see little Mia, sounds so cute!

Holly H. said...

I swear that Jazz game was rigged last night! The refs are retarded and we should have won! Please let them be on their "A" game Friday night!!! We want Russ to enjoy himself now don't we?!?

Joellen said...

Thanks for the shout out. Don't forget to tell everyone that they can visit my blog... just kidding.
The hair is really cute, Mindi had to talk me into it but glad she did. Like Mia could ever not look cute.

Mia said...

Seriously cool that you got 11 blurkers to comment! Can't wait to see the pictures of the concerts and hair cuts.

Renee said...

Oh so funny!

My cheesy tear jerker was "I believe I can fly" at my sons' recent middle school concert. The funny thing is, he's not even in choir. I guess the anticipation of hearing him rock the drums had me a little emotional.