thankful thursday

things i am thankful for this week:

1. abbey singing in the 1st grade talent show--it was put together last minute (as are ALL things when you are 7 years old) but she was a little superstar! i think she would have done troy and gabriella proud with her version of "start of something new".

2. the fact that i don't live in kansas--today there was a horrible wind storm and we were fearful the house might just be carried off. mia was not a fan. all i could think of was thank goodness we will never (knock on wood!) have to experience a tornado.

3. freedom of speech--now, where else but in america can you talk about your non-love for silkies and not get thrown in the slammer?? i've had that post in my drafts for like 2 months and finally decided to throw all caution to the wind--glad that my blogging ninja skills (see slang term of the day) can still get some people all riled up:)

4. that i broke down and watched the finale of american idol--this is one of the few reality shows i DON'T watch because i don't like that they make it mother-long and that it airs more than one night a week--that's WAAAAAAY too big of a commitment for me. but i have heard the hype, and i watched. i must say, i was thoroughly entertained! but me thinkey that the mormon boy got the shaft. opinions, anyone??

5. diet dr. pepper--it is the nectar of the gods. anyone who would challenge that will have to meet me in the THUNDERDOME-- "two men enter, one man leaves!"

14 comments:

Christi said...

I can't believe you just got on board the very last night. Your hometown boy was absolutely awesome, but I have pledged my eternal love to the winner David Cook. He totally rocked my world.

Anonymous said...

Dr. Pepper rules, over crushed ice in a glass-oh yeah!

Jori said...

Ummm I would like video of Abbey's song posted:).

Anonymous said...

Loved that you watched Idol! Thats my show! Mormon boy is excellent, but all his songs sound the same. Also, the way I look at it is who would I want to see in concert? Cook! Cook tends to bring out the cougaristic instincts in this 39 year old momma of 3. I thought he got the shaft on Tues. night so it was awesome that he won!!! I even saw them on tour last year and plan to go again! Love it!

Me and The Boys said...

Oh- Archuleta totally got the shaft! I drink a Diet DP on ice several times a day....The store employees don't even get up anymore I just leave my $ on the counter..sad...love your blogging ninja skills...

Krista said...

cook for sure has the whole idol look and attitude..more of the whole package. But D.Arch is just soo cute and way more talented when it comes to just the voice. I'm a bit bugged and surprised about the 12 mill vote difference. that's a joke...something's up...there are for sure some haters.

tiburon said...

Love your list. I watched all the episodes EXCEPT the finale. How funny is that?!

Mia said...

No David A didn't get the shaft he has had a recording contract since the second show and also has commercials on air already. He and his career will be fine. I actually like David C better. He is more interesting to watch and has a way better knowledge of popular music and is so adventurous with his music choices and arrangements. I luv him! I'm with Jori do we get to see some sweet singing from Abbey?

Christie said...

Sorry, but David Cook deserved to win. Archie may technically be the better singer, but Cook is more marketable.

Oh - and I'l a total diet dr pepper fan too.

And if you got this comment twice, sorry. I sent the first, and then my computer crashed. So, I sent another just in case.

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

I love that you blogged about say no to "silkies". That is something that I haven't really thought too much about until I read that post, you put into words, exactly what I have always thought about them.

P.S. Kami and Mindi are a lot alike... they both love yard work and they hate silkies. ;)

P.S.S. "Do do you got a first aid kit handy." Best line ever...thanks to you, that is now my favorite cleaning song. Funny!

Jod Jas Curtis said...

Hey Thunderdome, here I come!!! Can't stand that prune juice crap, Sorry - don't hate me..... cuz I'm beautiful :) heheeeee
I too gave in & watched the Finale of American Idol- that I can't stand watching during the whole season. Jason put it nicely, "It's like a basketball game, nothing matters but the last 5 minutes"
Yeah, I agree.
Luvs
Jodi

Josh, Lindsie, and Ava said...

I love Diet Dr. Pepper too, however, my fave...Caffeine Free Diet Pepsi..weird huh?! I started drinking it when I was pregnant and now I am addicted. How can I be addicted when there's no caffeine?

Hildie said...

Bring it Mindi! Diet Dr. P isn't even worthy of popping the top of a Mt. Dew! Name the time and place!

Steph said...

I hear it tastes just like regular Dr. Pepper.:)