things i am thankful for this week:
1. abbey singing in the 1st grade talent show--it was put together last minute (as are ALL things when you are 7 years old) but she was a little superstar! i think she would have done troy and gabriella proud with her version of "start of something new".
2. the fact that i don't live in kansas--today there was a horrible wind storm and we were fearful the house might just be carried off. mia was not a fan. all i could think of was thank goodness we will never (knock on wood!) have to experience a tornado.
3. freedom of speech--now, where else but in america can you talk about your non-love for silkies and not get thrown in the slammer?? i've had that post in my drafts for like 2 months and finally decided to throw all caution to the wind--glad that my blogging ninja skills (see slang term of the day) can still get some people all riled up:)
4. that i broke down and watched the finale of american idol--this is one of the few reality shows i DON'T watch because i don't like that they make it mother-long and that it airs more than one night a week--that's WAAAAAAY too big of a commitment for me. but i have heard the hype, and i watched. i must say, i was thoroughly entertained! but me thinkey that the mormon boy got the shaft. opinions, anyone??
5. diet dr. pepper--it is the nectar of the gods. anyone who would challenge that will have to meet me in the THUNDERDOME-- "two men enter, one man leaves!"