it's all about mindi and it really should be.




3 Joys-
*4 girls who love their mother unconditionally (well, mostly.)
*traveling with anywhere with russ
*a really great concert with friends

3 Fears-
*a child drowning
*hurrying through the stages of my kid's lives and realizing that only when it's too late
*always having a hate/hate relationship with my body

3 Goals-
*finish mia's scrapbook (oh. and to actually START it, i guess.)
*learn to be more patient with my children
*be better about church attendance (did i say that out loud?? hey--we have the 8:30 am church whinewhinewhine)

3 Current obsessions/collections-
*blogging
*diet dr pepper
*my extensive 'precious moments' figurine and spoons from every state collection. (just waiting to get north dakota. it's in demand and hard to find.....)


3 Random Surprises About Me!
*i used to be a lifeguard at the st. george city pool, but only had one rescue in 4 years. (successful, i would like to add.)
*I will buy anything from any child under the age of 16 selling something door to door for girl scouts, fundraisers, band camp, etc. ANYTHING. i also stop at EVERY "lemonade 4 sell" stand that i see and buy a cup. then i toss it out the window when i'm far enough away that they won't see..i'm a sucker with a bleeding heart.
*I served kenny rogers pizza at pizza hut when i was 16. i actually tried to incorporate "you gotta know when to hold 'em. know when to fold 'em," into the conversation. i failed.

19 comments:

simply kris said...

Ummm...Hello? I like to play.

kourtney said...

Rude...I thought we were friends. Now, I'm not so sure!

Trina said...

I still have a soft spot for Precious Moments. My first bible as a kid was Precious Moments...I LOVED that thing.

Trina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jori said...

Awww you're the "precious" one. Let's make a Mindi statue. Buying up the lemonade from the kiddo's. You would of probably opened up a can of whoop a on that guy that ripped off those kids in Indiana lemonade stand.

Sharla said...

I'm off to find random stuff for my kids to sell to you. It's always fun getting to know more about The Mindi.

Lesley said...

Yeah! Thanks for playing! I love it.

Hildie said...

Precious Moments? Really? Do you ever eat with your spoons? Because it would be pretty cool to go over to someone's house for dessert and have them serve it with fancy miniature spoons.

It's funny that you would mention your relationship with your body because that is what I'm blogging about today at

http://segullah.org/blog/

Everybody should read it and leave me nice comments. Even if you think I'm stupid and vain.

Cole said...

If I ever got a tattoo it would be a precious moments star and moon. Does that make sense? That's the only way to describe it...

I love that you buy the lemonade. I'm sure it makes thier day that some one does. I once found a stand that had lemonade AND cookies, I know, lucky me. :)

Mindi said...

for the record: no precious moments or spoon collection.

Me and The Boys said...

Hey, I used to work in the"tube cage" at the SG city pool...and the snack bar....not my favoriteist(?).....

Tori :) said...

Wanna hear something weird? Of course you do. I LOVE Diet Dr. Pepper. I think it's running thru my veins. AND I worked at Pizza Hut as a waitress for 3 years. AND I served Tony Dorsett a baked potato while working at another restaurant. AND I heart Kenny Rogers. I have him on my iPod.

Anonymous said...

Fun stuff...I admit I buy lemonade from the stands too. If it makes them smile, I will do it! Call me a sucka. Oh, and Diet DP-love it!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

So bummed to find out you don't have that extensive collection.
I heart knick knacks! (wink wink)

rachel said...

I heart you being facetious :) Oh such a big word by the way, this blog has got to be at the college level by now?!

Holly H. said...

I'm so glad you were talking about me! Where were you when you delivered pizza to KR? That's really cool. Was he nice?

Devri said...

Hey I love to buy lemonade too, my kids did lemonade and a hula show, can't top that now can ya!!

Misty said...

Thanks a bunch. Because of you tagging my sister, now my sister tagged me!

Mia said...

I am a sucker for door to door salespeople period. I almost always buy something, but I am a super sucker for the kiddos. I think they are brave for going out at such a young age and facing rejection like that. I just like to be a bright spot for them. Or maybe I am just a sucker!