thankful thursday

things i am thankful for this week:

that my awesome big sister loni (who's blogger profile reads: "loni--the other sister") who is a stamping guru and made me this wicked fly halloween seasonal. she often times sends me cool ideas for my blog and i love her. lots.




f.h.e. and ice blocking at the park--we went with our besties on monday and the kids had a blast sledding down the hill on big blocks of ice:






all my blogging bff's. i updated my sidebar--did i get everyone? did i use correct spelling and punctuation? did i miss something? did you want me to remove your name, forever? let me know if i spaced you--cuz i WOULDN'T wanna do that.



the new term that my blesbian rachel gave me this week: the "mommy mullet" or "reverse mullet" . this style calls for party in the front, business in the back...the exact opposite of the ole yucky traditional mullet of the eighties that we all know and love to hate. to quote rachel, "This style allows me to actually have a style and not wear a stupid ponytail everyday in mommy-land. I never thought I would wear my hair short, but since Posh says it is o.k. it must be, right?"
since i currently sport the reverse mullet, i thought this was genius. i plan on using it in at least 5 sentences this week.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love ice blocking! And I am a huge fan of the reverse mullet. LOVE IT!

Mikki said...

Holy Crap!!! I really didn't expect to see my name on your side bar. I feel so special (for realz!!). You just made my heart smile! thanks!!

b. said...

I SEE MY NAME OVER THERE!!!
HA!

Anyways, thank you blesbian friend for naming that hairdo. I am not a fan. It really depends on how drastic and/or dramatic it is.

Vicky Becks...I just really want to hate her, but I don't. She's funny!

Kristina P. said...

SInce I can't comment on the bus stop post, I just wanted to say that those are amazing! You always find the coolest things.

I also wanted to tell you that you inspired me to do another Post Secret post. I think you did the confessional before I started reading, so I didn't know you had done one. That was my favorite post, and had been thinking about doing it again. When I saw yours up, I immediate went to Post Secret, pulled my favorite secrets and am writing a new post.

And I checked my blog name, and the "a" at the end of my name is missing. :)

Anonymous said...

I have a friend who calls this look "just snuck a quickie with too many pillows under my head"

Anonymous said...

Yup, that's how I roll, reverse mullet and all. ;)

Anonymous said...

Yup, that's how I roll...mommy mullet and all! ;)

tiburon said...

That looks like fun - and how sweet of the other sister to send you something! :)

Erin said...

I've never been ice blocking before. Sounds like fun and maybe a little painful?

I love the reverse mullet, but my hairline at the nape of my neck has an ugly cowlick. If I didn't care so much, I would cut my hair today.

Aranne and Dan said...

I love the ice blocking... too much fun. I also love the trick or treat frame - adorable. I have wanted to join the "reverse-mullet" in-crowd for a while but just haven't gotten the nerve to do it... maybe one day (when it goes out of style probably)

Thanks for adding me to the sidebar, I feel so special!

Tori :) said...

I don't think I could pull off a reverse or a regular mullet. Should I try?

Omgirl said...

I'm guessing that ice blocking is as close as your poor deprived children ever get to sledding?

Ammie said...

I haven't been ice blocking for years. What park is that? That is the perfect hill for ice blocking. How fun!

Whitney R said...

Ice blocking is fun.

And they are in shorts???? It was warm enough to wear SHORTS??

Man. Idaho weather stinks.

rachel said...

Awe, min, thanks for the shout out :) Never tried ice blocking? What the? Looks like tons of fun! Oh and the temp today in San Diego : 82 degrees :) I am in heaven!!!

tammy said...

Does Loni want to adopt another sister?

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

I love the halloween sign...it's TOO CUTE! Does she sell them? I'm for REAL!
Love the hair cut too! It's too, well, it's too...Posh! :-)
And I made the SIDEBAR! You just made my DAY...well, what's left of it!
WORD!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

I too love the haircut, it makes me want to cut mine, it's just that it took so long to get long hair. I'm too guilty and feelin' sheepish of the "stupid ponytail", some days it just works.

Shannon said...

I've sported various versions of the "reverse mullet" for years and years. It's my "go to" cut. Not quite as severe as Posh's though!

simply kris said...

I am very flattered to be included in your list of peeps.
Guess you can chalk one more up for the Reverse, as I, too, don the do!

Ida said...

First off this is the first time I have seen ice block sliding very interesting. And 2nd the mullet is very chic! I wish I could rock my hair like that. But I have a fat face and tend to look like Connie Chung with short fair.