limewire


katilyn turned me on to limewire and i must say, i've been quite infatuated with it.

when she told me it was a file sharing music .com that was totally free, i doubted her and totally called b.s.--i got on, checked into it, and--SHOCK AND SURPRISE--it indeed was free.

they would like you to 'upgrade' to limewirepro or a higher version of it, naturally, but we skipped right over that and downloaded the basic free application.

the best part about it is that you can drag and drop the songs over into your itunes to put on your pod--i've already downloaded some of the dj earworm songs that i've posted about and it worked like a charm.

and fyi: using limewire isn't illegal, but downloading illegal movies, songs, and programs from limewire is illegal. so, yeah--it's gonna be a bit of a gray area.


obviously, i like things with a lot of gray area. some of you? not so much. (btw: how do you spell grey? or is it gray? wtf?)


so there you go. opinions?

10 comments:

Angela said...

A little birdy told me(that lives in my house), does not recommend having Limewire on your computer, because it is another opening for spyware to come in. It does not guarantee you will get spyware, but a lot of people have. I am not allowed to use Limewire, believe me I have tried. HE HE :)

Devri said...

First, just be careful, my sis got messed up with it.

me on the other hand, have been using it for ages. about a year now, no probs yet, and I have never used the istore.. just saying. for me it is all about the grey or gray.

Melanie said...

I know your post was about limewire, but I'm the gray/grey made me giggle so much for some reason! It's so true! My eye color falls into that category of color and I HATE trying to spell it.

Kritta22 said...

I am a huge fan of limewire. I used to have blubster. No good.

Limewire is itunes friendly! How awesome is that.

I'm going to totally confess that I download whatever I want from there and I haven't had a problem with it. If you can get it from the local library then why can't I just get it from a helpful website?

Just keep that little reminder thingy that popups when there is a corrupt one. DON"T download those. 99% of the time, those are the spyware stuff.

Elena said...

Be very careful with Limewire. My hubby used to use it and he got this crazy virus that totally fried his computer. These viruses can come through when you're just logged on or through a song you download. Maybe use it on an extra computer that you're not worried about losing.

alex dumas said...

We will know that when you haven't posted in a week or so that your computer crashed from a virus. I work on getting those things off of people's computers, and it's not easy to do.

Jod Jas Curtis said...

I just got hooked up with it like a week ago--- I'm not completely sure how to use it, but what I've done, I likey :)
loves

Talullah said...

we've been using limewire forever. It does give my McAfee a workout but it seems to still be about the best freaking thing around. I don't know about gray or grey but I've been watching my bootlegged Twilight on my Zune today and I'm pretty sure I'll be able to sleep fine tonight.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the DJ Earworm heads up...love my new workout mix full of his stuff.

Omgirl said...

I let my husband do all my illegal downloading for me. that way if someone ever comes to bust us, he'll go to jail and not me. Aren't I sweet?