we drove to san diego to see a depece mode concert and they canceled the day before.


the only thing worse than NOT getting tickets to go to a depeche mode concert is getting tickets for a depeche mode concert in san diego, driving 8 + hours to go see it, and having dave & martin & fletch CANCEL.


with this being the third time that depeche has had to cancel concerts due to illness or injury during the tour of the universe, my b-i-l neal said that maybe we should consider following a younger band. perhaps one that doesn't have a lead singer in need of a hip replacement in the near future?

i told him SHUT UP.

despite being incredibly bummed at the prospect of an evening with no concert, megan, jody & i decided to wear our t shirts anyway. i think the gaslamp quarter of san diego was VERY thankful.



15 comments:

Vanessa said...

Big Fat Jerks. I can't believe they cancelled on you!!

But, being stuck in paradise for the weekend couldn't have been all that bad, right?

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

You still all look really cute, if it makes you feel any better.

I love that picture of you and Russ.

Ida said...

Well you could have visited little ol' me. Sorry your concert was canceled.

gina bina said...

Oh, that is so disappointing. I was really looking forward to hearing about how much is ROCKED.

alex dumas said...

Brother has a point. They are older than we are. They may still be able to put out the music, but touring may just be too much.

Amy said...

I hope they don't bag on the SLC gig. Looks like you had a great time anyway...

tiburon said...

I am pissed for you.

At least you had the RBC to keep you warm ;)

Tiffany said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

And in other news, I LOVE that picture of you and your man--gorgeous!

Mia said...

Bummer. big time! Love the picture of you and Russ, you cuties.

Cole said...

Nice framing of the ladies...

Trina said...

I saw that it was canceled! At least you got to the beach.

I'm just hoping that nothing happens to the Red Rocks show next week....

Anonymous said...

Your BIL has me laughing!
Love the photo of you and Russ, very nice.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Cole.....you know what they say....more than a hand full and you risk spraining a thumb!

{Annie N.} said...

That is CRAPPY that the show didn't go on. But look like you guys had a fun time with your fancy camera. Great pictures lady!

Omgirl said...

Just so you know, I used to work in the Gaslamp district. At an Indian restaurant. I heart San Diego!