80's heartthrobs: john hughes edition


i posted last week about my sadness over director john hughes's passing--

he was the greatest 80's film director in the history of the universe (TOTALLY unbiased here!) and his movies live on~

i saw an article the other day about 'WHICH JOHN HUGHES CHARACTER WOULD YOU PICK?' and thought it would be fun. 

so, who would you pick?


from sixteen candles:


from pretty in pink:



from ferris bueller's day off:



from the breakfast club:



from some kind of wonderful:



from weird science:

if it were me? i used to think that it would be jake ryan--he was THE epitome of the greatest boyfriend on the earth: he had ultra cool hair, filled out a pair of 501's like no other, and drove a red porsche. total no-brainer.

but now, i've decided that i would totally go for the bad boy with all the issues--john bender. nothing like a project, huh?

if he wasn't available, then it would TOTALLY be principal ed rooney. what a heart-breaker!

6 comments:

Renee said...

Jake Ryan is a stud, but I'd have to say Steff.... I KNOW, the guy is a total b-hole, but I can't help it, don't judge. Plus, almost everyone else looks like they could be the same age and friends with my son. gag!

Cole said...

Long Duk Dong ALL THE WAY! Do you know how much crap you could get away with from the language barrier, real or imagined? Come on just look at his picture. That says all.

alex dumas said...

Keith Nelson. Eric Stoltz is beautiful even now.

Suze said...

Anything Andrew McCarthy...that's what I'd pick..so Blane then. Mannequin wasn't a Hughes..but please..swoon. Love me some McCarthy.

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

So I am a wee bit embarrassed that John Hughes did not do "Say Anything", it was Cameron Crowe...What?! stupid evening news. That's the last time I get the news from the news.

so to pick out of these lesser options...I would have to go with John Bender #1, Steff #2, and Jake Ryan #3. so many choices.

I know who Mindi would pick...that's easy: LONG DUCK DONG. ;)

Sharla said...

Blane. Period.