i {heart} west palm beach


i couldn't have been happier with the destination of my surprise birthday trip--west palm beach, florida was breathtakingly beautiful. (the photo above was taken from our hotel balcony--it was a little rough waking up to that in the a.m.)

we stayed HERE and absolutely loved it.

we also had a chance to visit the historical breakers hotel & were awed by the beauty & historical detail.

we even thought really, REALLY hard about crashing the really high-falutin' wedding reception that was going on in the courtyard--sadly, we did not have the bzalls to pull that stunt off.




my 40th birthday was one of my favorite days, ever--that night we had a lovely dinner and had the waitress snap the only photo of the two of us. (seriously, we are so lame--we have phobias about having to "put somebody out" to take a picture of us. we have got to get over that. or else resign ourselves to pathetic solo vacation photos for the rest of our existence.)



since i have milked out my big fourOH! for about 3 weeks now, this will be the last mention of it. EVER. so just give me a moment.....




in the "places to go, people to see, things to do" categories:


our favorite restaurant was, by far, rocco's tacos in downtown west palm beach--the food was amazing & the atmosphere was one big party. we luffed it so much that we ate there twice. if you are ever in the area, we would suggest it. HIGHLY:




we loved to wander around cityPlace --it's a big, outdoor shopping, dining, & entertainment district which is reminiscent of an italian town center. it's romantic and quaint and we spent nearly every night at a different spot here:



two different nights we danced until the wee hours at sky 309--

it is the only outdoor, open-air restaurant/bar in west palm beach, and it was amazing. they had great music, a large dance floor, and the best part was that we could sit anywhere, in any booth, and it was F-R-E-E. no cover charge, no 300 dollar bottle service fee, zip.

we were able to sit and people watch, groove to great tunes, and stuff our faces all at the same time. it was the TRIFECTA. and we were all over it:



we have so many great memories of this particular trip. west palm beach will always hold a very special place in our hearts:



of course, a blog called WORD TO YOUR MOTHER could not possibly leave the area without getting a photo-op in right here:


A1A BEACHFRONT AVENUE!!

9 comments:

tiburon said...

You people know how to do it up right. That looks like a super fantastic trip.

I am a little jillious. Then I remember I am going to Cancun in 12 days.

Suzie said...

Oh Mind. You are so adorable!
Happy Birthday!!!
(I totally think you deserved every bit of Royal Treatment. you are truly loved!!!)

Tiffany said...

Now everybody's going to want to be 40. You are making it look so amazing and fun!

Seriously, though, I could use a trip to West Palm Beach, if for nothing else than that guacamole!

heather said...

oh my word! i almost fell off my chair at the last photo! awesome!

glad you had a great birthday!

Vanessa said...

"Girls were hot wearing less than bikinis
Rockman lovers driving Lamborghinis
Jealous 'cause I'm out getting mine
Shay with a gauge and Vanilla with a nine."

I hope you had your nine while you were posing for that pic.

Looks so amazing. Elton better take note, he will take me on a trip one of these days and it will have to mirror this one.

(All of you that know Elton and are reading this better pass it on.)

Elena said...

Mindy! You were in my hood all weekend! I'm a regular at all your fave spots, so I agree they do rock. Were you at the Breakers on Saturday night? I may have been at the same reception! I'm so glad you had such a good time and my town treated you right :)

alex dumas said...

I think I'm quite tired of reading about all of your fabulous expensive getaways. Want to trade lives for a minute?

VTS said...

Hahaha! That last picture rocks my world! You are so fun.

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

That last pic just made my night!

Oh, to live the life of the "old" and beautiful...and incredibly well traveled.

I want to sit in just one of those spots.