B&P field trip to ka

remember in elementary school when field trip day came around? it pretty much meant it was gonna be the best day of your life--i figure why should it be different for us as adults?? i have been the "cruise director" for my friends and family for years and i love to plan things that we can all do together that makes us laugh. las vegas is close enough to us (90 minutes away) to make our adult field trips possible. what makes them even better, though, is when we rent a 15 passenger van so we can all ride down together in style. okay, at least in comfort.

after getting our tickets for half price at this hooked up website, we rode down and ate dinner at cheesecake factory in henderson, then went to the show. if you've seen cirque du soleil shows before, you know that these performers can do truly astounding things. with ka, i was amazed at the beauty and grace of some of the numbers. it's a slower-paced (or to quote neal, "more artsy-fartsy") show than the others, but the special effects and scenery and music are so worth it.


highlights:

*seeing the fountains and the botanical gardens at the bellagio--the weather was beautiful and steve and mindi could not resist sneaking into the secret "vip" food lounge just to see if they could. eveyone else wussed out.
*jared sucking off the strawberry milkshake from in-and-out burger after almost every other person in the van took a turn. (large milestone)
*neal announcing "welcome to CLEEVE-land, boys!" after about the 10th set of, ummmmmm, amply-displayed brestessess walked by
*russ parking the big white van at valet and saying, "don't go falling in love with this here vehicle, clark--we'll be taking it with us when we leave next month....."
*checking out colby's hand on jared's butt in photo above
*seeing darrin in a orange button-down shirt--"dannielle made me." he looked hot!
to see a short,60 second clip that shows what ka is, click here

18 comments:

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Your trip looks like a blast! Nothing like a road trip with everyone packed in together.

P.S. If I could ever get your sister's recipe, I could just kiss you!!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Could you ever email me with it? I will take you to lunch next time I am in St. Hoorhey.

itsnobiggie@gmail.com

Jori said...

Hardy har har! This just cracked me up. Loved the vacation comment, and the Cleev-land. I think I may start using that as my return address.

tiburon said...

That looks like a blast! When I grow up I want to be just like you and take fun trips! You know how to rock it out.
PS see you in 4 days to do St George up right :)

Me and The Boys said...

Looks like a blast! What a fun group!

Becky, yep said...

Your the Best friend EVER!

Mindi said...

that's right, becky--now just tell my friends that.
no, not always the best friend.
i try, though. hope that's enough!

rachel said...

Looks like so much fun...I love those shows, can't get enough :)

Amy said...

I am so jealous! I needed to be in the 15 passenger van... CJD could have totally make up some sweet song lyrics all the way to L.V. Sounds like a fun time was had by all- I miss out on too much living here!

Anonymous said...

You're a great friend! We had a great time and love all you do for us. Now, can you figure out who this is? Hint: I love Jareds behind!

Mindi said...

if that is you, cc--you KNOW how much i love that you just did that. i love you guys, too--and i love when you show man-love without shame.

Christi said...

My favorite is the tribute to Christmas Vacation. A classic.

Mia said...

Looks like a really fun trip. I love Cirque and am always asking my hubby to take me to Vegas for a show or two.

Joellen said...

You forgot the part when you left me in the Belagio and went to the van. I was scared and did a lot of crying and swearing under my breath. I will know better next time and not leave the group. Maybe the buddy system?
Ka was so cool and I want to take my kids.
btw, do we get to meet Tib this weekend?

Holly H. said...

I LOVE Las Vegas! We try to go there 2 or 3 times a year. You're so lucky to live so close! Congrats on the Scentsy win BTW! :)

Megal said...

I am muy impressed that you were able to pull off the VIP room again. I thought I was going to pass out when we did that in December. How are we related?

Jod Jas Curtis said...

Uh- yeah, we love Cirque De Solei, especially Zumanity!---NOT, okay I'll have to talk to you about that one- in person :)
Your trip looked Wicked Awesome, how fun!
Loves
Jodi

Erica Onelove said...

I must say, not only are you a hottie but your hubby is quite the looker!!

Cute couple!!