some of my fave halloween costumes



our friends used to host a halloween party every year and showing up in costume was mandatory. we would spend the whole month of october trying to out-think each other and come up with the most original ideas. then we would all show up, dressed to the nines, and dissolve into laughter at the site of each other.

i am PSYCHED that my blogging bff ASHLYNN has invited me and the rbc to her costume party this year!

we've found that if you get totally "INTO" it and dress all out, you feel way less stupid than if you try to still retain half of your coolness.


some costumes we've loved over the years:


steve & kamari as white trash babies:



yikes:




jen, kamari, steve, & chris as polygamists: (the lovely lady on the left is a feathered nest!!)



pimp and "lady of the evening": (what set this costume apart from others like it was the change belt we got for russ from the local dairy freeze--if people gave him a dollar, he'd hurry and make change.)



european sunbathers:


gene simmons and ladyfriend:




16 comments:

tiburon said...

I FREAKING LOVE YOU for posting these!!

You just made my whole day. My whole week!

Can't wait to see what you come up with this year :)

Tori :) said...

The polygamists were awesome! Also loved the Europeon sunbathers!!

Thanks for the props in the post about your confession booth. That was really sweet of you. :)

Vanessa said...

Little polyg, little polyg, let me come in. That one was my fave!!!

tammy said...

I love the polygs. And I love that Russ gets into it too. I think I've finally convinced Luvpilot that it's more fun to dress up than not. These are great!

{jen} said...

WOW! That one came back to haunt me!!!!! Good stuff.

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

WT Babies is too funny/gross. Funny!

simply kris said...

Steve as a polygamist wife?!?!?! Classic! Wonder if ol' Steve remembers me.... I'm a friend of his sis, "A".

As for your get ups... are you sure this isn't just your day-to-day norm? You are so blitzin' wonderful, that I wouldn't expect less.
Can we please be friends? I'll dress up with you. H#ll, I'll dress up AS you. xx

Lesley said...

Oh those are classic! I can't wait to see this year's costumes.

Ashlynn {mamabear} said...

I hope others catch your vision of going all out! I totally agree ... it makes the night more fun!

Now I can't wait to see what you show up as!

Ida said...

Good costumes. You guys rock!

Erin said...

I wonder what reaction I would get if I wore any one of these to the ward Halloween party?

Anonymous said...

Now THIS is how we want to see "best costumes"! Oh.......MY........HECK!!! You rock! I love these pictures! It seems I've seen the one of you and Rbc in the kiss uniforms! Maybe Amy? Who knows! I love it! Thanks for the share!

rachel said...

OMG! I love these...I love costumes and dressing up. SO MUCH fun!

Whitney R said...

Very clever. I have to be at the Ward Halloween carnival on Halloween night because I'm a YW adviser. I'm missing out on all the FUN parties!!

Unknown said...

My hubby just about blew chunks when he saw the poo pants picture. hee hee

Omgirl said...

I'm going as a plig (polygamist) this year for Halloween. But I haven't found any dresses as sweet as those! Gotta keep scrounging at the DI.