thankful thursday


things i am thankful for this week:


**THIS spectacular and high quality gold ring from the "california gold rush" vending machine at mr. d's convenience store. mia has been wanting to put a quarter in that puppy for so long. she finally realized her dream this week and couldn't. be. happier.


**my awesome las vegas weekend at the jw marriott with my even awesomerrrrr man. we lounged at the pool and felt like rock stars. traveling with the rbc is always so wonderful--i heart getaways with him. i am eternally grateful that we get to travel so much--it's the biggest perk of his job, and we take full advantage of it at every opportunity.

we were also STOKED to find a few new things to do down there that were F-R-E-E:


zowie bowie --these two are the current, totally hip lounge act at the palms. they rocked our world. who doesn't love an act that covers britney, the black eyed peas, and justin timberlake? we felt like we hit the proverbial las vegas jackpot. and were TOTALLY entertained.

jc wooloughans irish pub --we were thrilled to see "the joshua tree", a spot-on u2 cover band that played outside in the courtyard under the stars. they were awesome.


**for bangs that jody cut which make us feel so much older. which the mother isn't a fan of. (the looking older part. not the bangs part.)



**and speaking of things i want megan to do--i'm hoping she'll make my girl kami's freaking radical all american fruit flag cake.

it has 3 of my favorite food groups: cookie dough, cream cheese, & marshmallow cream.

5 comments:

Just SO said...

I've always wanted to make one of those flag cakes!

Mia said...

I just loved that she explained why you shouldn't eat an entire watermelon!

Anonymous said...

Did the watermellon girl say that "diareah is the cornerstone of every good diet"? And this whole time I thought watching your calorie intake and excersizing was the key. Maybe someone should start a Taco Bell diareah diet.

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Awwww...my three favorite food groups too. I love the bangs on Chanand, they are darling and do make her look a bit older...waaaa. :)

I love Tiffany's video Tutorial. I think you are about do. If I could stand my voice, I'd be in for sure.

Omgirl said...

You had me at cookie dough. You lost me at marshmallow cream.