my imaginary friends.


i've always felt like i "know" people on reality tv.

i like to talk about them as if they have been on my speed dial for years--i also like to dissect their problems, tackle their issues, & offer advice on their love life.

i know it's pathetic and somewhat disturbing. but i can't seem to help myself from becoming (as russ so aptly puts it) "an integral and vital part of their lives."

can you see his sarcasm dripping off of those letters? i hope so.

what i wish i COULD do, however, is to stop my celebrity pseudo-bff's imaginary (or non) situations/story lines/competition placements from affecting me or my mood. swings.



pathetic example 1: mindi agonizes over which sytycd dancer she should pledge her allegiance and un-dying devotion to. she is torn between brandon, jeanine, kayla, & janette. she decides to stick with her original first love, brandon, but then nearly comes unglued when he lands in the bottom two (all because of evan and the freaking eyelid sympathy vote! THERE. i said it!). she's relieved when he ends up staying, but is bent out of shape by jeanette being voted off. she thinks melissa should have gone home (sorry kami) but knows she's staying on because she tackled the breast-cancer issue. she then talks for an excruciatingly long amount of time about how janette would still be here if she had performed the b.c. dance. and had a better gum/teeth combo.



pathetic example 2: mindi has talked for weeks about how daisy should pick flex on daisy of love--he's (fairly) stable, good looking, and doesn't look like an unemployed d-bag with a closet full of affliction tank tops. she DOESN'T want daisy to pick london, who is an unemployed d-bag with a closet full of women's skinny jeans. daisy (of course) picks london, and the rest of mindi's night is filled with emotional eating & angry emails to vh1.


i am a smart enough woman to know that the only fact i should REALLY get my panties in a bunch over is the fact that i should be embarrassed to admit that i watch a show such as this.
and to solemly swear not to insert myself into said trashy reality-tv show dynamics, EVER AGAIN.


wait for it........



wait.

for.

it.



yeah, no. don't hold your breath.

11 comments:

Omgirl said...

Janette was a seriously good dancer, I'll give you that. But also a seriously not attractive dancer. I am hoping for Melissa to stay on, sorry. I like her smile. And her toe shoes.

*KaTiE cLoVeR* said...

OH MY GOODNESS. i about had a come apart today when i saw daisy picked london. i totally agree. FLEX is a babe. end of story. and i also think that melissa should have gone home as well. well, like mother like daughter i guess (:

tiburon said...

This is one reason I love you.

Okay - it might be two.

Except I refuse to stoop to the Daisy of Love level.

Can't do it.

Vanessa said...

Eyelid sympathy vote!!! Ha-larious!

I'm hoping for Brandon.

I can't wait for Flipping Out to start, so we can agonize over Jeff and his OCD issues.

And PS, not really loving Kathy Griffin this season...it's all too staged.

Cole said...

kayla,jeanine,kayla,jeanine, kayla,jeanine,kayla,jeanine, kayla,jeanine,kayla,jeanine,kayla,jeanine,kayla,jeanine,kayla,

I just don't know.

But what I do want to know...Do you pick up the phone and vote OR do you watch it DVRd like me?

Suze said...

I'm CRACKING UP at the eyelid sympathy vote! HA! I was so shocked when she got sent home, and so bummed that Brandon was in the bottom..he's my pick too!

Mia said...

Still can't stand Jeanine. She should have gone home last week as should Evan. They are both great dancers that should have gotten this far, but now they need to go home. I get unreasonably fired up about all this too :)

JenTix said...

Every time I read your blog it amazes me how much alike we are. SCARY! But Daisy of Love..... Not so much! I just can't do it.

CoLiE-O said...

glad im not the only one...lets form a support group!

Holly H. said...

Mindi!!! You sweet little sugar lover! I figured everyone forgot who I was, it's been so long. But oh no... there you were as awesome as ever asking waz up! I just love ya doll. And of course all your hilarious posts! I also love that you love SYTYCD as much as I do. Hope you're having a great summer, and I'll email you soon!

HUGS!!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

What?! teeth and gum combo...you are killin' me! I really think it will be Brandon, but he has an attitude.