your favorite slave or megan jody and mindi hit the dm concert in vegas


well, i figure i only have about 6 months until my 4oth birthday, at which time i must turn my head to the wall and die. so i gotta LIVE IT UP in the meantime~

and that included scalping tickets to depeche mode in las vegas on saturday night.

we weren't able to buy them when they were first on sale--i even called ticketmaster 10 minutes before they went on sale and kept my salesman on the line asking insipid questions--good thing he was a fellow depeche mode lover and we could swap concert stories back and forth. but all the sucking up was good for nothing in the end--there were no tickets left for the venue. the pearl is AWESOME since it is so small, but also totally in demand by rabid dm fans with no life and lots of $$$.

we were able to buy 3 tickets for less than face value, but only 1 was for general admission--and it was right down on the floor where we wanted to be. 

we decided that we would take our chances that if someone saw us sneaking into ga they would hopefully turn a blind eye. we managed to get in and felt like we had gotten free admission into an exclusive club.

the concert was so great--and there are a few constants that always hold true:

martin l. gore still dresses like a hot tranny mess (yes. that's him in the silver sequin ensamble.

dave gahan still struts like a 20 year old--even though he might be due for a hip replacement.

we still don't know what fletch is doing up there. besides pushing a few keys on the piano.

the coolest part of the evening was when the whole crowd started waving along to the music--it was a sea of arms. and this is always the moment when i think that dm music could heal the world. or at  least cure cancer:



 i loved this evening with my sister and my friend.  depeche mode gave us a night to remember.

7 comments:

R-Eight said...

Great post!! It sounds like such a fun night! I'm so glad you got in.

Vanessa said...

AWESOME!

Here's hoping they DON'T cancel on you this week.

Way to live it up, because your time is slowly slipping away. 6months isn't that far off.

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

That girl wins... but you still have this week. I hope to see you Wednesday night dressed in that get up...Russ too. ;)

Holly said...

i'm going to the salt lake show tomorrow and this just made me even more excited!

Trina said...

So glad you could go! Makes me even more excited for Thursday. Have fun at the Salt Lake show!

I love the people watching. I just hope I don't have someone smoking weed right behind me this time. It makes me sneeze.

Jana said...

I wanna be invited to your secret blog. :)

tiburon said...

I have that exact same outfit.

In red.